Sunday, September 13, 2009

Marburg Creek Reservoir: Early Morning At The Lake

It’s been a beautiful weekend. The beginning of autumn. It’s not too cold in the morning and doesn’t warm up too much before I’m through. The days aren’t too hot; in the low to mid80s. The mornings are perfect; in the low to mid60s. And for the most part, the water has been calm with a gentle cooling breeze. Beautiful weather for rowing.

And I get to enjoy these…

And when it’s sunny, these small bridges are so pretty…
This is the bridge at the Fishing Area (Segment 12/13).


And then I get to see these…
They’re just ordinary ducks and they’ve been residents at the lake for as long as I’ve been rowing there. But I still love to see them. At the moment they are overnighting in Segment 11. I met them there this morning. Last time I saw them they were making their way down Segment 10. Judging by where I’ve seen them other mornings, they were headed down to the campground.

No comments: