Saturday, September 8, 2012

Still More American Caesar’s Mushroom (Amanita jacksonii)


August 18th, 2012. I mentioned before that I was delighted to see the volvas on the American Caesar’s (Amanita jacksonii) mushrooms this year when I’d never seen them before. We were driving down Oscar Walton Road when I spotted two sentinel…

American Caesar’s mushrooms on an embankment beside the road. They were beautifully colored.

The volva was quite evident on the mushroom on the right. When I photographed them, I noticed two more amanitas on the…

top of the embankment nearby. They weren’t quite as photogenic as the first two but…

The volvas on each was clearly visible and the cap on the mushroom on the left had just ‘cleared’ its volva.
Click on an image to view a larger image

Identification resources:
- Rodham E. Tulloss, Eticomm.net: Amanita jacksonii
- Michael Kuo, MushroomExpert.com: Amanita jacksonii
 
Related post:

No comments: