Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Walk In The Woods

The rain’s coming in again. Sixty inches so far this year – 10 inches above average - and some more to come.

But we’ve had a couple of really nice days this week. Sunny with highs in the mid-50s F. I wanted decided to go for a walk at the lake. I expected a short walk but found, when I got there, that not only was Picnic Area #2 closed but also the Boat Launch were I normally launch to row. The Georgia State Parks are facing budget challenges together with everyone else and closing some areas mid-week helps to save resources. So… I had to walk from Picnic Area #1.


I started at the dock by the beach (Segment 14) and headed west to the boat launch (Segment17). The path was pleasant both with a soft texture and color on a bed of pine needles.

Up hill…
And down hill across the bridge…

In the shade with glimpses of lake inlets...

And in the sun past the rowing dock down to the bridge at the boat launch at the far end. It was warm in the sun. And back again.
Click on an image to view a larger image.


Related posts:

- Marburg Creek Reservoir: Fort Yargo State Park

No comments: