Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sam The Koala: RIP

Sam became an icon for resilience and recovery from the bushfires in Victoria, Australia in February, 2009.

Sadly, Sam also was infected with chlamydia and suffered irreparable damage to her urinary and reproductive tract. Her vets chose to put her to sleep since there was no way that they could operate or manage the pain she would endure as a result of the complications of her infection. As sad and tragic as her fate is, she was spared the painful death she would have suffered in the wild.

RIP, Sam.

Report: Sydney Morning Herald

No comments: