Friday, October 22, 2010

Beautiful Fall Morning

After a terribly hot Summer we are enjoying a beautiful Fall; how to mid 40s in the morning and mid to high 70s in the afternoon. I’ve made my first concession to the cooler weather; rowing in long pants and a sleeveless vest. It’s cool when I start out and borders on a little too warm when I get back in. The Fall color is developing so the views change every time I go out.

One of my favorite views. The bridge by the boat launch.

Some trees on the island (segment 16) are changing color.

Looking back towards the island again. I had to share the lake with three other boats this morning.

The dock just to the north of the camping area (segment 7). The slight smokiness in the upper right is from wood cooking fires. This is the cruelest section of the row. The smell of cooking bacon. Yum!

More trees changing color along the Bird Berry trail (segment 10a).

The nature center (segment 10).

Heading back down the lake from the nature center (segment 12).

A lone sentinel. This Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) was warming itself in the early morning sun.

More color (segment 13). The red tree in the center is a Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida)

Click on an image to view a larger image


Related posts:

- Fort Yargo State Park: Early Fall Color

No comments: