Sunday, December 30, 2012

Zen: Mushrooms Under Oak


October 21st, 2012. I’d forgotten these mushrooms. They’ve come up under this oak every year for years. I’d forgotten them because I’d changed my commuting route and no longer came up this road in the afternoon when it was still light. It was pitch black in the morning when I came down this road.

I noticed them again on a Friday evening and came back on the 21st to photograph them in good light.

The clusters of mushrooms growing along the roots of an oak.

A cluster of buttons (second from the right)


The cluster on the far right

The cluster in the left foreground


The largest cluster near the base of the tree trunk.

I’ve still to identify these but they are a wonderful collection of mushrooms worth revisiting again next year
Click on an image to view a larger image

No comments: