This final part of our walk retraced the path we had used on the way in but the views were different.
When we got back to the dam the Ring-billed Gulls were still gathered on the ice near the dam. We sat on the top of the dam watching them for some time. The ice in the foreground at the lake shore was still a couple of inches thick.
The exposed beach is quite wide on this section of the lake.
The trail – almost back to the campground.
The dock at the north end of the campground.
A closer view. This view is quite impressive.
The yurts, again - but from a different angle.
And a closer view – with a reflection on the calm waters in the late afternoon.
Click on an image to view a larger image
- Marburg Creek Reservoir: Fort Yargo State Park
- Campground - Dam Loop: To The Dam
- Campground - Dam Loop: Dam To The Half-way Point
- Campground - Dam Loop: Half-way Point Back To The Dam
- Zen: A Spiral Of Gulls
- Ring-billed Gulls (Larus delawarensis)