Sunday, March 14, 2010

2010: Year Of The Wildflower

This year is ‘The Year of the Wildflower’ for me. Last March I noticed that there were a number of different wildflowers near the road and wondered how many different wildflowers grow on our place during the year.

I started photographing and working to identify each. I’d hoped to post photographs as I found new flowers. Sometimes it was easy to identify them but others were more challenging. So I decided to work on identifying them during the year and post them as they started to flower this year. That way I would be able to include any that flowered before March.

This series will include any native flowers that I find during the year – mainly in Walton County and Barrow County including Fort Yargo State Park – but the focus will be on those at home.


December
February
March
April
May
June
A-Clarke, Athens-Clarke County
CEWC, Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center
DeKalb, DeKalb County, GA

WFH, Home
FYSP, Fort Yargo State Park

Walton, Walton County
BC, Barrow County (Not Fort Yargo State Park)
Dawson, Dawson County
Oglethorpe, Oglethorpe County
Wilkes, Wilkes County

No comments: